Monday, June 25, 2012

Daily Doodles



I've been trying to get into the habit doodling everyday to keep my hands sharp and also have an excuse to experiment. I started this a few weeks ago and since then I have been posting my daily drawings on tumblr where I use it as kind of a visual diary. Here are some ones I like from the doodle. So far through doing this, I got the chance to experiment and discover a great inking brush, draw stuff I really love but never had the excuse to, and most importantly exploring areas where I need to push further. Right now I'm spending more time with character development. I've just discovered the important role gestures play in the process of creating unique and dynamic silhouettes. This might not be something new to others but it is quite a discovery for me. I'm going to put more time into characters and hopefully find more tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment