Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hand Studies







One of the things I heard frequently from many artists regarding my works this summer is that I need to get more familiarized with hands. Not only are hands gestural, they also convey loads of emotions and serve as reinforcement for any compositions. I've always been thinking about doing hand studies but have never done much until people actually put it out in words. So here I am working on hand studies. I started off with structural studies and then as I got more familiar, went into gestural. I think I learned quite a lot about hands through this study and I'm glad to see some improvements form the earlier studies to the later ones.

2 comments:

  1. these are beautiful. i was assigned to draw fifty hands and feet in high school and it did wonders for the wonky hand/foot syndrome in figure drawing. you've inspired me-- it's about time i revisit that assignment...

    ReplyDelete